Hello all

new users can say hi and give some information on who they are and what they want to do.

Hello all

Postby Tres on Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:30 pm

Hey there,
Very nice to this 3D animation, was looking through all the great kickstarters stumbled across this one and seemed it might make it easy for me to do some 3D animations. I am pretty excited and my mind is running rampant with ideas. Really like the milk scanner thing as well.

I got tonnes of questions some might be answered already but I have trouble reading through big chunks of texts so if someone could help answer my questions that be great if they don't mind.

Can this program be used to make videos for youtube?
Can this program be used with or without the milk scanner to make 3D models for games?

If not think some one will make this happen soon.
Tres

Re: Hello all

Postby fiezi on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi Tres,

thanks for your interest. Moviesandbox can be used to make videos for youtube, but it's by no means the easiest way to do so. It does require quite a bit of work on your part (and of mine) and is still a work in progress at this point.

As for the milkscanner, you cannot use it by itself to generate 3D models, but you would need to import the .tga-files it generates into Blender to generate proper 3D data out of it, and then go through the hassle of exporting it in a way for your game to understand. The video on youtube shows a proof of concept for Unreal Tournament, and while I did use the milkscanner to create "models"for that game, it was not as easy as the video might suggest. Also, that was a long time ago and making models nowadays is a bit harder and more involved.
I hope that Moviesandbox will be an easy piece of software for people to create animations some day, but it is not quite there yet now.
You can decide for yourself if this is something you want to get involved in after watching some tutorial videos on vimeo here:
https://vimeo.com/33731784
https://vimeo.com/33740938

Let me know if you have any questions. Also let me know if you have trouble installing the software or anything.
fiezi
Site Admin

Return to new users