.spriteMesh

.spriteMesh

Postby Mazz on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:53 am

I haven't had as much time as I would like to work with MovieSandbox but I will get to it eventually. I need a job first.

I am curious on how exactly to work with these .spriteMesh files that the import is asking for. I'm having trouble finding good current info online about OBJ files and its options.

I have a few programs I use to create small objects. I would like to be able to work this into my workflow.

For example: If I want to create a scene that happen in a room, I would like to be able to create the walls, roof, and floor in another app. I have a tiny chrome app that I like to use to make simple .obj files.

Is there an easy way to convert these files to a structure that moviesandbox can easily read for import.

Also, on the import screen there are a bunch of non-English characters in the file type drop down. I don't know if they should be there.
Mazz

Re: .spriteMesh

Postby scriptreader on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:49 am

anim8or i think lets you make obj also a convertor works

google 3d warehouse search 3d model dont import convert free just copyrighted so u need artest 2 say ok make movie for profit/money
scriptreader

Postby fiezi on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:56 pm

Currently, the only format that is supported for import is Collada (extension is .DAE). I can look into OBJ importing, it's not too hard to implement, but it'll take a little while to do so.

The .spriteMesh format is moviesandbox specific and no other program will export to it.
fiezi
Site Admin

Postby Mazz on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:57 am

I can export .DAE no problem. in fact the available formats are PNG, OBJ, DAE, STL.

The program is called 3Dtin and I have it installed through Google Chrome apps. It is a nice little program that seems to be aimed at supporting things like MovieSandbox. you should check it out.

I am very rusty on my scripting. I used to do some unreal scripting when UT2003 came out and I was a very active member on 3Dbuzz.com. Once I get my bearings and remember what I am doing I hope I can add a lot to MovieSandbox.

I like the current state of the program and I would not want to see you add too much to the core. I think you should focus on making a sold lightweight program that can run in many environments and then have plugins and addons to expand as needed so people can cherry pick their own solution. Much like WordPress does.
Mazz

OK I tried

Postby Mazz on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:32 am

I tried working with a .DAE file and importing it but I can't select it with the importer UI. Is there a Console command I can use?

and @scriptreader, your English is interesting, where are you from? I understood everything you were saying so don't worry about it.

Is everyone here on Facebook? We should start a group. It's your call fiezi. with so few of us it would be easier to keep in touch. I will make a post upstairs about this.

My facebook is "Jayson Mazziotti" or just go to about.me/jaysonmazziotti
Mazz

Return to Moviesandbox V1.0