Bugs and Issues

some crazy future thinking

Postby Mazz on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:50 am

I'm not too sure how the inner workings process input but with your current structure is it possible to have alternate input data while not in play mode and assigned to anything I want?

More specifically I'm wondering if I could use the mouse as normal with my right hand and have an iphone-isq accelerometer in my left hand sending its data to control the orientation of the grid plain in real time as I draw.

I would also want to control my perspective a little so maybe the kinect might be able to be set up to read some clear head movement to rotate around the local work area.

could something like this be done with simple or even complex plugin/addons without manipulating your core code?

can I have an AI character walking around my scene as I build it?
Mazz

Resize / UI bug

Postby Mazz on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:19 am

This might be one of those things to file under "just don't do that" but I wanted to mention it just it case it could be a sign of a larger problem.

ver 12.14

I was in full screen mode ( 1920x1200 )
everything that I touched was working fine but then I re-sized the window to a smaller size to do some other stuff.

When I did this the menus on the right and the bottom timeline popped out from their off screen hiding locations but still seemed to be in a hidden state. When I click them they expand even more into the screen.

No functionality breaks, they are just in the wrong location.

When I go back to full screen the problem goes away.
Mazz

focused testing

Postby Mazz on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:26 am

I think it would be helpful to you if you would give us some assignments or challenges in order to test out some areas we might be missing or some functionality you might be worried about.

Just by viewing your tutorial video yesterday I was able to find some things I would have otherwise missed. That could only be scratching the surface.

OK, time for sleep for real this time...
Mazz

Re: some crazy future thinking

Postby fiezi on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:18 pm

Mazz wrote:I'm not too sure how the inner workings process input but with your current structure is it possible to have alternate input data while not in play mode and assigned to anything I want?

More specifically I'm wondering if I could use the mouse as normal with my right hand and have an iphone-isq accelerometer in my left hand sending its data to control the orientation of the grid plain in real time as I draw.

I would also want to control my perspective a little so maybe the kinect might be able to be set up to read some clear head movement to rotate around the local work area.

could something like this be done with simple or even complex plugin/addons without manipulating your core code?

can I have an AI character walking around my scene as I build it?

This is exactly the kind of functionality that can be put in using processing or equivalent tools to create small sensing applications. I'll create an example for rotating the grid in processing. And yes, there's no need to change the core code for any of this!

Also: I'll look into the scaling stuff some more.
And there will be more tutorials tonight that'll help testing (and obviously creating!) characters and more complex scenes.
fiezi
Site Admin

Watch out for your lights

Postby Mazz on Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:59 pm

I don't know if this is by design or not. I found that when I draw on the grid and there i a light in the way, your line will jump to it.

If this is what you intended, it doesn't bother me, it's just funny the first time you find it.

Mazz

Copy Paste Delete

Postby Mazz on Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:26 pm

I can't seem to copy paste and delete. Am I doing something wrong?
Mazz

Re: Bugs and Issues

Postby fiezi on Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:33 pm

The line jumping with the light is intended - you're drawing on everything that's in the scene, not just the grid and ground. I thought that might come in handy some time.

Are you trying Cut/Copy/Paste by keyboard or by menu? The functionality was actually a bit awkward and has changed for today's release, as it was cutting/pasting in place and not on your mouse pointer, making it less interesting.

It works for me in the release version for today (will be out in an hour or two). Also: what keyboard language are you on? I am only testing with US and the keyboard codes might change for different keyboards (EU, etc).

Here is a more in depth-video for drawing in the V 1.0 release of today:
http://vimeo.com/33731784

and I am currently uploading another video for character creation. Will let you know when it's done. Also: check out the changelist for Version 1.0 due later today:

http://wiki.moviesandbox.net/index.php?title=Bugs

Thanks so so much for all the feedback!
fiezi
Site Admin

Postby fiezi on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:39 pm

Moviesandbox V1.0 is now released! Please direct all feedback for the 1.0 version to this place: http://forums.moviesandbox.net/viewforum.php?f=14

Thank you all so much for your super-helpful feedback!
New Nightly builds will commence next week (there's always stuff to fix and update...)
fiezi
Site Admin

Postby RachelHull on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:10 pm

fiezi wrote:Oh, I also noticed that you are still using version 0.5 - the new version has a grey background.
Did you use this download link?

https://github.com/fiezi/Moviesandbox/zipball/unstable

I know that it is frustrating to just wildly click around and I will hurry getting those tutorials and examples out there.

f

Thanks for the link, this is really useful! :)

Previous

Return to Moviesandbox Nightly Builds